Regulations of the PRO-AM Competition
Polish Club Dance School
Polish Dance Sport Club
2. DATE AND VENUE:
25.09.2022 (Sunday), 12:00a.m.
MCC Mazurkas Conference Centre Hotel, ul. Poznańska 177
There are three available categories in the PRO-AM competition:
A- 18-35 y.o.,
B- 36-50 y.o.
C- 51+ y.o.
Styles: Standard, Latin. Events: Single Dance, 2 Dance Challenge, 3 Dance Challenge, Scholarship and Showcase on Bronze, Silver and Gold level.
The dance instructor decides affiliation to a certain level of the AMATEUR dancer.
It is possible to dance any number of dances with one AMATEUR dancer on any level.
There are no restrictions regarding repertoire.
4. CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
1) To participate in the PRO-AM ballroom competition, a couple must consist of one PRO – a competitive dancer, amateur or professional, or a dance instructor – and one AM (AMATEUR), i.e., someone who is neither a competitive dancer nor an instructor but dances recreationally.
2) Registration of your participation in the PRO-AM Dance Competition by filling in the application form and sending it by 19.09.2022. Warning! Applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted.
3) Pay an entry fee:
50 PLN/ 12 € couple’s each dance in Single Dance category
100 PLN/ 20 € for a couple in 2-Dance Challenge category (each style)
140 PLN/ 30 € for a couple in 3-Dance Challenge category (each style)
200 PLN/ 45 € for a couple in Scholarship category (each style)
500 PLN / 100 € Showcase
Payment via transfer into the organizer’s bank account or before the competition when receiving a starting number.
4) Competitors must collect their starting numbers at least 1,5 hour before the start of the competition. The Chairman might disqualify couples who will not collect their starting number on time.
5) The organizer reserves the right to combine categories if there are not enough couples. However, the results will be announced separately in each category.
6) Any changes regarding the application form (number of dances, categories, etc.) can be submitted by 19.09.2022. Changes after this day will not be accepted!
5. MUSIC RECORDINGS
1) The length of music is from 1:00 up to 1:30 minutes.
2) Depending on the number of couples on the dance floor, the chief judge may reduce or prolong the music to properly and fairly judge all the couples during one round or the whole competition.
6. STARTING NUMBERS
Starting numbers are assigned in order of the couple registration.
7. DRESSING REGULATIONS
All costumes worn in competitions must comply with the characteristics of each of the Ballroom and Latin styles.
Outfits shall conform with accepted norms for men and women in competition dancing.
Advertisements placed on the starting numbers by the organizer have to remain visible during the competition.
8. RULES FOR ADJUDICATION
1. During the PRO-AM competition, confidential judging applies. Only the AMATEUR(AM) in the couple is judged.
2. The Skating System is in usage. At least 50% of the participating couples shall be recalled to the next round, excluding the final.
3. No more than six (6) couples should participate in the competition’s final. Still, if more than six couples qualify according to the Skating system, the Chairman shall decide on the number of participants in the final.
4. Information about the couples recalled to the next round is announced immediately after counting the marks.
5. Organizer reserves the right to combine age categories if there is only one couple in a particular category.
9. PHOTOGRAPHING AND FILMING THE PRO-AM COMPETITION
1. Competition filming is allowed free of charge.
2. The couples taking part in the PRO-AM competition can be filmed and photographed by the people present in the ballroom.
3. The competitors participating in the competition express their unconditional consent for filming the event. They also express their consent for using photo and video services for organizer’s needs free of charge.